Member benefits include:
- Access to the garden
- Use of gardening tools and products in the shed
- Use of greenhouse once induction completed
- Invites to all community garden events
- Updates via email newsletters
- Eligibility to lease a plot (if a resident of the City of Vincent)
If you need a paper version of the membership please contact us via our Membership Coordinator.
Annual fee structure
- Membership fee (paid by everyone) $20.00
- Communal plot lease $20.00
- Individual plot lease (* see note below)
- Medium plot 2.8m2 $80.00
- Large plot 3.6m2 $100.00
Unsure of what a communal plot entails? Follow this link for more information: Joining communal plot [pdf]. You can join communal plots and / or be wait-listed for an individual one. You can’t be a communal plot holder and an individual plot holder at the same time.
* Please note the dimensions of the plots are the approximate physical dimensions including bordering timber. Internal (growing space) dimensions are slightly smaller.
Plot lease fees are on top of your $20.00 per annum membership fee.
Proof of residency in the City of Vincent must be shown to be able to lease a plot (a current rates notice or utility bill showing your name and a City of Vincent address is acceptable). Once a plot becomes available you will be contacted for confirmation of your membership and payment. Once your application has been accepted you will be invoiced.
Members will be expected to volunteer twice per annum at a working bee, event, fundraiser or special project as determined by the committee from time to time.
We’re always on the lookout for members to take on formal roles within the organisation. Here are some of the roles:
- Vice Chairperson
- General Committee Member
- Membership Co-ordinator
- Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Communication Co-ordinator
- Fruit Tree Co-ordinator
- Water Co-ordinator
- Worm Farm And Compost Co-ordinator
- Tools Co-ordinator
- Greenhouse Co-ordinator
What’s more if you take on a formal role with us you get a discount on your annual fees.