Member benefits include:
- Access to the garden
- Use of gardening tools in the shed
- Use of greenhouse once induction completed
- Invites to all community garden events
- Updates via email newsletters
- Eligibility to lease a plot (if a resident of the City of Vincent)
Want to become a member? Please read our NPCG New Member Guidelines [pdf]. Then you can either complete your membership form online or download the application, complete it and post or bring it to the Garden and hand to a committee member.
The application form can be downloaded here: Application for membership [pdf].
North Perth Community Garden’s Rules of Association can be downloaded here: NPCG Rules of Association [pdf].
- General membership – always available, fruit trees, native bed, raised beds, pots and Greenhouse propagation.
- Communal plots – available
- Individual medium plots – available
- Individual large plots – none available
You can join communal plots and / or be wait-listed for an individual one. You can’t be a communal plot holder and an individual plot holder at the same time.
We’re always on the lookout for members to take on formal roles within the organisation. Here are some of the roles:
- JDF Chairperson [docx]
- JDF Vice Chairperson [docx]
- JDF Treasurer [docx]
- JDF Secretary [docx]
- JDF General Committee Member [docx]
- JDF Membership Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Volunteer Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Communication Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Fruit Tree Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Water Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Worm Farm And Compost Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Tools Co-ordinator [docx]
- JDF Greenhouse Co-ordinator [docx]
What’s more if you take on a formal role with us you get a discount on your annual fees.
Annual fee structure
|Membership fee (paid by everyone)||$20.00|
|Communal plot member||$20.00|
|Individual plot member (* see note below)|
– medium plot 2.8m2
– large plot 3.6m2
Plot lease fees are on top of your $20.00 per annum membership fee.
Proof of residency in the City of Vincent must be shown to be able to lease a plot (a current rates notice or utility bill showing your name and a City of Vincent address is acceptable). Once a plot becomes available you will be contacted for confirmation of your membership and payment.
Members will be expected to volunteer twice per annum at a working bee, event, fundraiser or special project as determined by the committee from time to time.